On August 9, 2017, the Florida Constitution Revision Commission (CRC) Rules and Administration Committee recommended Friday, September 22 as the filing deadline for public proposals to be considered by the CRC. The recommended deadline is subject to approval by a vote of the full commission.
The next full commission meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, September 19.
CRC Chairman Carlos Beruff, said, “The CRC encourages all interested Floridians to submit their proposed constitutional amendments as soon as possible. While the recommended September 22 deadline is more than a month away, Commissioners are already reviewing public proposals that have been shared and will be considering them during upcoming committee meetings. We want to ensure that all proposals submitted by Floridians are given the consideration and review they deserve.”
The official CRC website (flcrc.gov) allows Floridians to create and submit proposed changes to the Florida Constitution by following these simple steps:
How to Submit a Proposed Constitutional Amendment
- Visit flcrc.gov
- New users must register for a free CRC Website Account by filling in the required fields and following the activation prompts
- Once logged into your account, click on the “Submit a Proposal” button on the upper right-hand side of the homepage
- Click on “Get Started” and then click on “Create a New Proposal” to submit a proposed change to the Florida Constitution using legal language
- Fill in the required fields and then submit the proposed constitutional amendment
- Proposals may take up to three (3) business days to be posted on the CRC website in accordance with the moderation policy
NOTE: Proposals must be typed within the application. Users cannot “copy & paste” text or upload attachments. Public proposals may also be submitted to the CRC by other means, including mail and email. Visit flcrc.gov for contact information.
The Constitution Revision Commission (CRC) Rules and Administration Committee approved the schedule for committee weeks to be held September-December 2017. The CRC will also hold full commission meetings during that period to take up commission business.
CRC Committee Meeting Weeks
- September 18-19
- September 26-28
- October 3-5
- October 17-19
- October 31-November 2
- November 28-30
- December 12-14
CRC Full Commission Meeting Dates
- September 19, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
- October 17, 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
All CRC committee meetings are open to the public and will be livestreamed by The Florida Channel on www.TheFloridaChannel.org. Members of the public wishing to address CRC committees will be provided an opportunity to speak at the direction of the respective committee chair. Visit flcrc.gov/Committees for additional information on CRC committees and upcoming meeting dates.